Happy 5th of June World Environment Day and Turkey Environment Week!
Today, June 5th, is World Environment Day.
With the Stockholm Conference held in 1972, the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) was established and the following year, June 5, was declared World Environment Day.
World Environment Day, which has been celebrated with a different theme every year since 1973, comes to life again with the slogan of the Stockholm Conference, the seeds of which were planted 50 years ago: “Only One Earth”.
The United Nations, with its call for global awareness; It invites states, local governments, industrial organizations, academia, non-governmental organizations, that is, everyone, to explain their goals and actions regarding the environment.
We, as Akar Textile; shared our sustainability goals for the next 3 years on the World Environment Day Official Website. Our goals gathered under the headings of Climate Action, Nature Action and Chemicals and Pollution Action:
- Reducing electricity consumption by 25 percent with the solar power plant project,
- To provide 1 percent reduction in pollutant parameters in emission sources,
- To reduce hazardous and non-hazardous wastes from factories by 15 percent,
- Continuing to comply with the ZDHC banned list 100 percent in product and waste water,
- To reduce water consumption in production areas by 25 percent.
Finally; World Environment Day is now an even more important date for our country. Because with the last circular published in the Official Gazette; The week in which the date of June 5th is; It will also be celebrated as “Turkey Environment Week” with a theme to be announced by the Ministry of Environment, Urbanization and Climate Change. Happy 5th of June World Environment Day and Turkey Environment Week!